Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 20, 2009

Mom's Surprise "Dee-Dee" Shower

Regina and several of our coworkers at school had been working on a surprise shower for Mom for over a month. It was so hard for me and for my family to keep this a secret from her! I'm terrible at buying gifts secretly and not telling her what I bought. I almost slipped and told her several times... but somehow, shower day arrived and she didn't have a clue. Another reason this secret was hard to keep is because the day of her shower, that was the first day that my doctor put me on modified bed rest, so I couldn't even go to work! So, I had to figure out an excuse to go to the school without her getting suspicious. I finally decided to tell her that I needed to come get some things ready for my maternity leave, which was true, and she didn't suspect a thing. She was very surprised and got some really cute "Dee-Dee" goodies! She's such a great mom... I can only imagine how awesome she's going to be at being Manning's "Dee-Dee."

No comments:

Post a Comment