Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wrap it up, Wednesday!

Well, I'm going to call today's post 'Wrap it up, Wednesday' because I realized that there are many random things that I haven't blogged about.  So here it goes...

First of all, meet Rosie!  She's a lab that someone dropped off at the office a couple of months ago.  Dad's workers named her, and she is the sweetest little ol' thing!  Seriously, she's one of the most kind, friendly dogs I've ever seen.  I love her so much that I tried to take her home with me.  After a few nights of hearing her cry, I brought her back to the office.  She just loves it here, so she's now our Girdley Flying Service/Girdley Brothers Farm dog.  Look at her sweet face.....

We also celebrated Cody's birthday recently. Here are a couple of pics of his birthday dinner (obviously before we started our Jamaica diets)...
Yummy
                                                
Birthday cookies for Cody... thanks to Marci Crocker ;o)

I made them in the shape of footballs, helmets, jerseys, and megaphones b/c Cody loves him some football!
This past Friday night, Cody and I lucked up and got FREE fifth row tickets to the Hank Williams, Jr. concert.  He called me and told me the news at work, so we got so excited about having a date and such a fun concert to go to.  After work, we got ready and headed on our way....  Now, before I continue with the story, please know that I'm one of the most accident-prone, awkward people in the world.  In true Marci fashion, I started itching and my neck started semi-closing up on our way to the concert.  I just tried to tough it out and not even tell Cody until we made our way into Mississippi.   Then, I started getting worse...  I seriously couldn't breathe and had no idea why.  After popping a few Benadryls, we headed to the Desoto Baptist emergency room.  After sitting there for a while, the Benadryls started working and I could breathe again, so we left.  I was bound and determined to enjoy this date, so we went to the concert and actually got to see all of Hank Williams, Jr.  We just missed the 3 opening acts.  Oh well....just another day in the life of Marci. ;o)  We did have a great time, though, minus the ER visit.  Turns out, I'm allergic to Burt's Bees chapstick... I learned this the following day when I put the same chapstick on and had another allergic reaction. 
Hank Williams, Jr. Concert
My little man is almost 11 months old now and learning so many new things each and every day.  In the past week, he's learned to clap his hands, make a clicking noise with his tongue, and he's almost running now.  He's walking EVERYWHERE!  My little boy is almost 1!!!  I so can't believe it............
@ Denso's Family Picnic/Cody's Work Picnic

Love his cute lil' teeth

1 comment: