Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Waves of Emotions


Early Friday morning, Cody & I got ready to head out on a 7-hour road trip to Daphne, Alabama.  As you mommas know, 7 hours in the car with a toddler are not so fun, so we decided that Manning should stay home with Dee-Dee and Nonna.  We were going to be at wedding festivities all weekend, and since Cody was actually in the wedding, we thought that Manning would be worn out from all of the craziness anyway.   Cody kept convincing me that being away would be good for me and our little guy, and that we should just enjoy getting some "us" time.  I felt the same way, until I had to tell that little stinker "bye bye".  In true Marci fashion, I burst into tears and had to make myself leave.  I've been an emotional wreck these days.  Going back to work has been a little harder than I thought it would be.  Staying home with my sweet baby for those 4 months spoiled me rotten...

@ the wedding
Anyway, on with the story... Once we were on the road, things got better, and we talked the entire way.  The 7 hour drive seemed to pass rather quickly, and I was doing just fine until we stopped at a gas station and played a video of Manning on my iPhone.  Cody came back from pumping gas and saw what I was doing, and he got a little emotional too.  Don't think we didn't consider going back home. ;o)

After telling myself to suck it up, we started enjoying the scenery on our trip.  We drove straight through downtown Mobile, and I loved seeing all of the beautiful Mardi Gras decorations.  I decided that even though I'm not Catholic, I'm going to decorate my front door for Mardi Gras next year!  Maybe something like this...


After going through Mobile, we arrived at our destination... Daphne, Alabama.  We were then ready to start celebrating Will and Amy's wedding weekend.  This wedding was a very special one to us because Will is one of our dearest friends.  He and Cody have been best friends since grade school, and his parents mean the absolute world to us both.  With my emotions as crazy as they were, of course, I got choked up during the wedding, but I wasn't the only one.  The other wives were crying too.  It was just great getting to see Will so happy!

Buddies since forever
@ the Rehearsal Dinner
Mother of the Groom "Bevo"
Jayson & Sandy (parents-to-be)
Our weekend was filled with great friends, wonderful food, reliving our college days through tons of stories, dancing, and just enjoying being together... I even managed to get a little shopping in (for Manning of course).  Although it was a ton of fun, nothing compares to the wonderful blessing of being a mommy to my precious baby boy, so I was more than ready to come home and hug and kiss all over him! 

None other than Will himself

"DATE"
Us with the groom

Brock & Lacey
Mr. & Mrs. Will Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment