Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 11, 2011

Hold Them Close...

Family is such a huge part of my life.  I thank God for my family all the time, and I feel so blessed to be a part of mine.  Sometimes, though, even as thankful as I am, I don't make the effort to stay in touch or go visit as often as I would like to and should.  Life always happens and gets in the way of our plans.  *hanging head in shame*  I'm currently regretting not holding my family a little closer after experiencing a shocking loss.  How I'd love to roll back the hands of time and re-do things......
Family Reunion
This past week, we lost one of the most generous, beautiful, and loving women in the world!! We lost our cousin, Renee.   Around midnight on Sunday, my mom called and woke me up to tell me the terrible news.  Remembering that phone call brings me to tears... I awoke to "Renee is gone" and then all I could hear was sniffles and sobs on the other end of the line. 

Over the next couple of days, we all started looking for pictures and told stories about Renee and about our other family members who have already gone to be with the Lord. One of the main things I remember about Renee is how much she loved everyone and sacrificed so much to help others.  I can't help but smile when thinking of her.  She was truly beautiful inside and out, and our family will not be the same without her.

Renee & Papaw Jim... they are together again!
I want our family to get together more often so badly.  We have such an awesome family, and I can't explain how I feel when we're all together.  It's so GREAT!  The point is this... we don't know how much longer anyone has to live and today may be the last time you get to see or talk to your loved ones.  We need to make the most of it.  Put life on hold and go visit your mom, dad, brother, sister, cousin, etc....  Enjoy them while you can.  They are precious gifts that should never be taken for granted!  Thank you, Lord, for my family! Oh, how I wish we could go back and visit with Renee one last time....

The picture in my mind when thinking of her... so beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful...thanks for writing this...loved seeing you guys--even under such hard circumstances! we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete