Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 23, 2013

No Catch-up...

A couple of weeks ago, I re-shared an older blog post on Facebook about our journey to parenthood.  The first time I shared it, I received tons of messages and emails thanking me for opening up because so many people had been through similar situations.  Once again, I'm so glad that I listened when God spoke and asked me to share it again.  I've heard from several friends, sorority sisters, and even people in my own town that are currently dealing with recurrent miscarriage and are praying for a baby of their own.  It's amazing how God works and uses others for His glory.  I pray that I always listen when He speaks...

I also received messages about my blog... my poor, neglected blog.  I really do want/need to get with it and start sharing more.  It's the only journal I keep and poor McCarty is barely even on it.  I vow to do better.  I know I say this all the time, but I REALLY mean it now.

I started to rewind and catch up on the past, but I decided that was near impossible when I was going through all of the events/pics that I have, so I'm going to start with current things.  Maybe I'll find the time to do a catch-up blog one day, but not now.  I get overwhelmed just thinking about it. ha!

Let me start with my 2 miracles that God has blessed us with... our precious Manning & McCarty.  Here are some fun facts about both of them b/c I don't want to forget these things.  If the facts bore you, just skip to the pics! ;) We don't mind.
Miracle #1
Manning (3 years, 6 months)
*He tells me he loves me at least 5 times a day, and I LOVE it.
*He is such a compassionate little dude... he's full of hugs, kisses, and love pats.
*He is a great big brother.  He makes sure McCarty doesn't get hurt and will sometimes lets him play with his toys.  He does get rather excited, though, when McCarty is in bed.  He asks, "Mommy, is McCarty in bed?"  When I say yes, he will say "Oh good.  Now, I can play with my trains on the floor."
*Thomas trains & tracks (this is how we FINALLY potty-trained him... we made a potty chart and every time he had 10 stars, he got a new train.)
*Plays t-ball on his Daddy's t-ball team, the Red Sox.  He can smack the ball, and he usually does pretty well running...if we can keep him interested.  He's not that into t-ball.  We've learned that the hard way. Those t-ball games almost give me a nervous breakdown because I want him to do well... I have to often remind myself that he's only 3 years old! ;)

Manning and his best buddy, "Luke Barnett"
"Momma, I got a TROPHY!"
The Red Sox with Coach Cody

Miracle #2
McCarty:  (1 year, 5 months)
*Favorite Words:  No, Momma, Da-Da, Dee-Dee, Gigi (our dog), shoes, sock, tea, ball, light, hot, Bubba (he made this up on his own for Manning), Side (aka outside), Papa, Bye-Bye.
*Favorite Foods:  Fruits, Veggies, Snack Foods... EVERYTHING!  He even ate a piece of plain ol' lettuce last week.  The kid will eat anything!
*He loves to give kisses.  He doesn't actually lean in to kiss you.  He makes a fish face/lip smacking noise.  It's super cute!
*His love for Manning is beyond sweet.  He looks at Manning and will smile so big!  It makes me so happy just thinking about his love for him.
*Loves Barney!
*Loves Sesame Street, except for Mr. Noodles... he is terrified of him and runs out of the room in a panic when he comes on!
*8 teeth.  4 on top and 4 on bottom (has some jaw teeth coming in though)
*Obsessed with "ball," just like his big brother was at his age.

McCarty LOVES t-ball games!
Watching big brother play... his love for Manning MELTS MY HEART!
We have been living a little more spur of the moment than usual lately.  On a whim, I bought circus tickets last Friday night for the following day.  We loaded up and headed to Memphis.  We ate at the Flying Fish (the boys' favorite place) and then went to see the circus.  I have to admit that I was pretty excited!  I was just hoping the boys would be too.  I was so afraid we'd have a meltdown and have to leave.   Both boys freaked out during the first act or two (Manning is TERRIFIED of fire and of course, they came out slingin' some around), but then we were good to go.  Manning made it through the whole thing, but Little Bit (aka McCarty) and Cody had to go play for a while.
What fun is a circus without souvenirs??
and snow cones that cost $11? 
Manning was so proud of his elephant! :) 
Playing in the yard after the circus...I'm in LOVE with this sweet face!


1 comment:

  1. What a cute family! I'm a new follower - you had me at Osceola. Also from MissCo.:)) http://www.gracegritsgarden.com

    ReplyDelete