Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Ole Miss vs. Arkansas... Boo Pigs!



The Ole Miss vs. Arkansas game is probably the most important game that we play all year! The reason being is that Cody and I have to listen to hog fans year round. They always think they are going to beat us, so it's really nice for them to be wrong sometimes. Personally, I like Houston Nutt. This year was no different than any other. We had been counting down the days until the Arkansas game, but with that being said, I'd also been nervous. I'm always nervous when we play Arkansas, because I know how badly they hate us. Especially now that Nutt's our coach, I just knew the AR players would be really pumped up and ready to play.

Well, finally, the big game day arrived, October 24, so Cody, Mom, Molli, Ethan, Melissa, Burch, Hank, Van, Kaci, Logan, Drew, Scott, and I loaded up and headed to the game bright and early Saturday morning. Because of my huge, 34.5 week belly, we were moving slowly getting to the stadium, so we missed the hotty toddy and kickoff. We finally made it to our seats right after the first touchdown of the game... that was a happy surprise...to arrive and to have already scored 7 points! Luckily, the game continued to go in our favor, and it felt FABULOUS! However, we didn't celebrate until the last minutes/seconds of the game. We all know that as Ole Miss fans, you can't celebrate too early... we have been humbled a time or two. The final score of the game was 30-17, and that made our entire year. I am very proud of our rebels and Jevan Snead. Our whole team showed up to play, and it really paid off! After the game, we went to Old Venice to eat and thoroughly enjoyed our short visit to Oxford. HOTTY TODDY! Go Rebels!

No comments:

Post a Comment