Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hippity Hoppity, Easter's on its way!

I hope all of you had a very Happy Easter! We sure did! We started the holiday weekend by going to the mall to meet the Easter bunny and do a little shopping. After waiting in the extremely long line, we finally got to meet him. Manning actually liked sitting with him and posing for a picture. The Easter bunny, however, was about to vomit because he was too hot in his suit, so we had a shortlived moment to take our picture. Just a typical day for me... I'm so used to things being awkward. I swear, I should be one of those women on those commercials where they get splashed/sprayed by water when a car drives by... that has actually happened to me. haha :o) Seriously... that happened on the way to my car after leaving a class at the good ol' SOE at Ole Miss. (sorry, just had a flashback)

After the Easter bunny photos, shopping, and heading to Molli's shop to get our hair done (by the way, my hair is now pitch black, for those of you who haven't noticed, and I love it), we finally got home around 11 p.m. Manning was so tired, and I swore to never go shopping with my mom again without my own form of transportation. She's like the energizer bunny. She never knows when it's time to quit, and with a 19 week old, that's never fun. Lesson learned...


Well, Saturday, we just took it easy and prepared for Easter Sunday by dyeing eggs and preparing my usual contribution by request, pasta salad. Dee-Dee & Papa surprised Manning with all kinds of Easter goodies. They just couldn't wait until Easter to give everything to him, so we spent most of the day playing with our new Encore Elmo. On Sunday, we woke up pretty early in the Moore household, well all of us, except Manning. I couldn't wait for my little man to wake up and see what the Easter bunny brought him, but of course, he slept until 9:30 and made me wait! He loved his basket and goodies, and then we headed to church for a wonderful Easter worship service. There's simply nothing better than celebrating holidays with a child. With perfect weather, a completely healthy & happy baby boy, the Easter bunny, egg hunts, Jesus, a perfect church service, family gathering, and blooming tulips, the day was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment