Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The news is pretty much officially out...

It has been one heck of a week... but at least, parent teacher conferences are behind me! Whew! Speaking of p/t conferences, I guess I'll go ahead and break the news since it's already pretty much out anyway. I'm happy to say that I will no longer have to attend conferences, because I will not be a fifth grade teacher next year. Yep, I said it! I have already turned in my resignation, and it's official. Mrs. Moore has found another career (for the time being, anyway). I will be working for my daddy at Girdley Flying Service (and I say this in a loud, PROUD voice). Y'all know how much I love my daddy, and I'm tickled that he wants me to come be his office manager. I'll be basically running his farm/flying service from a paperwork perspective, and I can't wait! I won't have this summer off because I'll be starting in June, but I won't have to work the winter months, so I'll still get a break. And, I won't have to work when it rains...YAY! I will miss some of the kiddos, but I've been extremely ready for a change, especially since my little man came into my life. I wanted a less stressful job with more flexible hours, and God has answered my prayer. Thank you, Lord, for this perfect job change at exactly the right time! It's amazing how He knows exactly what we need and how He makes that possible.

Speaking of Jesus, Happy Easter week, everyone! I loooove holidays, and Easter is one of my faves. It's a special time to reflect on what Jesus has done for us in making salvation possible. I am so undeserving and so far from perfect, so, for His sacrifice, I am eternally grateful. I'm also excited about buying Manning's goodies for his Easter basket. Easter bunny, here we come! Can you say, here comes Peter Cottontail?! My family always has a big get-together on Easter where we all meet at my parents' house after church and chow down, and then we have a traditional Easter egg hunt for the kids, followed by several contests for them, such as who found the prize egg, who found the most eggs, etc. Then, they're rewarded with prizes that my mom has spent the whole year shopping for. I swear she starts planning for the next holiday as soon as one ends. I hope all of you enjoy this very special weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment