Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wrap up Wednesday!

First things first....I want to thank everyone for the positive feedback on my testimony post. It was very, very hard for me to put that on the internet for everyone to see. It was almost like I was ashamed that I was put through all of that, but I know now that God wanted me to share because so many of you are going through the same thing. Thanks for all of your private messages, and for all of you who are currently struggling, know that you are in my prayers, and I'm always here to talk if you need me. God is so amazing. It gives me chills thinking about how many lives He chose to touch through our experience. My church has even asked me to share it aloud. I'm not so sure I can do that just yet, so please be praying for me that I will feel comfortable doing that soon.

Well, since my last post, we've been super busy! The latest event that Cody and I tackled was trying to find the perfectly safe carseat for our sweet boy. At his last doctor's appointment on Saturday, he weighed 20 pounds, so he's growing unbelievably fast. Cody was just telling me how sad he was last night that we no longer had a newborn. Of course, he then informed me that we needed another one. Ha, he's a mess! Well, after hours, and I do mean hours, of online research and advice from other mommies, we decided on the Britax Boulevard CS. We are so happy with our choice. We love it, and so does Manning. This carseat even clicks when you have the straps pulled tight enough. With a worry wart mom like me, it really helps me relax to know that Manning is safe and strapped up properly. Whew! Thanks, Britax! :o)

Manning in his new Boulevard CS

This past Saturday was one of Cody's favorite times of the year. It was Red & Blue weekend in Oxford. So, of course, we have been planning on going to the game for forever. Before we could head to Oxford, we had to make a quick stop at Dr. Mathis' office because our little man has still been running a low grade fever. He just went to the doc last week due to double ear infections and a cold, so we've been sick for a while now. Anyway, Dr. Mathis told us that Manning's right ear was still really infected, so they switched him to another antibiotic. He's better now, though, so all is well. Dee-Dee (my mom) volunteered to keep the little guy so that we could still go see the Rebels play. Thanks, Dee-Dee!

Waiting to see Dr. Mathis

Cody, Melissa, Burch, and I all headed South for the big game. First, we stopped in the Grove for a "Meet the Players" presentation. We are huge Dexter fans, so of course, I had Manning's Dexter jersey and Sharpie ready in case I had the chance to snag his autograph. I was quickly told by the security guard that Dexter is under contract and couldn't sign anything. DARN! I did, however, get to see one of our old buddies, Chris Spencer. He plays for the Seattle Seahawks, for those of you who don't follow football. Chris went to school with one of my besties, Jackie, and he lived nextdoor to us in Oxford my junior and senior year. It was great getting to see him again! I even got him to sign Burch's Ole Miss helmet, so he and Melissa were excited about that. Thinking about ole times in Oxford reminded me of my fondest Chris Spencer memory. When, Jackie, Leslie, and I were roommates at 141 (our nickname for our home), we tried cooking/baking several times. One day, I had the bright idea to bake some chocolate chip cookies, and I am no Betty Crocker. I burned the cookies really BAD! As soon as I took the cookies out of the oven, Chris came over and said something smelled great. We all laughed and offered him the burned cookies that none of us would eat, and he didn't discriminate. Apparently, he loves burned cookies because he ate them up! Thought y'all might enjoy a little blast from the past! :o)

After catching up with Chris, we headed to the game and cheered on the Rebs. After the game, we ate at a new restaurant called Irie (Yum!). Then, of course, we shopped for a while and headed home. We heart Oxford and go there every chance we get! Counting down the days 'til football season starts up again......

No comments:

Post a Comment