Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day (a little late) to all of you wonderful mothers out there! I had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day thanks to my sweet boys. I thank God so much for them! I am blessed to have a very kind & loving husband and a perfect, precious little boy, whom I love more than life itself. Thank you, Lord, for your many blessings!
Well, let's see, my Mother's Day weekend started off on a fun note. Friday night was Relay for Life, which is a very special event to me and my family. We have lost several loved ones to cancer, so we enjoy supporting this wonderful event. Cody has even joined in on the effort and had a little too much fun with it this year. Sorry, babe, but I have to do this. My hubs, "Codylicious", dressed up as a woman for Relay this year. Every company had a man to represent them in the acting audition. They had to dress up, and get this... they had to act out a scene from Legally Blonde.... Oh, it gets better. They played the part of Elle. LOL! I loved every second of it. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Let's just say a good time was had by all, including Cody, whether or not he wants to admit it. He was a great sport for a more than worthy cause! I'm glad to say that he isn't a very pretty woman! ;o)

Saturday morning, Cody whisked me away to Nashville for a big mother's day surprise... He got me a brand new SUV! I love love love it. Then, after hours at the card dealership, he took me to a jewelry store and hooked me up with some more Pandora charms for my bracelet. Have I mentioned that he's the BEST?!
My mother's day weekend continued to get even better... Sunday, at church, was Manning's dedication service. It was the best day of all and was a very emotional one for me. We carried our precious miracle to the front of the church and prayed that God would watch over him, and we vowed as parents to raise him the way the Lord wants us to. It was a fabulous service. I kept wanting to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I am finally a mom, and it truly feels great. I've dreamed of becoming a mother and celebrating Mother's Day my whole life, and God has given me that precious gift. Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment