Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

The fastest 6 months of my life...

Well, as most of you already know, Cody and I celebrated Manning's "1/2" birthday last Saturday. Cody had been gone to Michigan for a whole week for work. That was such a sad time in the Moore household. With Daddy gone, Manning really threw some fits. He knew something wasn't right, so he wouldn't sleep. That made me miss Cody even more than I already did. We are so happy he's back. Anyway, let me get back on track here... Cody texted me from Michigan on Friday to suggest that we make May 22 a celebration day to mark Manning's 6 month bday. I jumped at the chance and was so proud of him for suggesting such a fun idea. We love Manning so much, and we celebrate him every chance we get.
We woke up Saturday morning and got ready for Manning's big day. We took him to Babies 'R Us and Gymboree and shopped and shopped. We had such a fabulous time looking for the perfect gifts. I think Cody had more fun than Manning. Every time I turned around, he had a new toy playing with it. Most of the toys were way too old for Manning, so I had to keep pushing him in the direction of the 6-12 month areas. After a couple of hours in the store and several mind changes on what to buy (we tried to buy a big crab sandbox, but it wouldn't fit in the car), we picked out some really great stuff for our little man. On the way home, we stopped at a grocery store and picked up an Elmo cake. Yes, I said a cake! Call us crazy, but we decided to go all out. Laugh if you like. We know we're silly, but we made so many great memories, and Manning loved it! It was a perfect "1/2" Birthday celebration.

After the party, Cody put up our new lil' swimming pool that Dee-Dee bought for Manning. We let him take a dip in it, and he seemed to love it. We're getting him ready for our big beach trip coming up. We leave Sunday, and we can't wait!!! Sun, sand, seafood...Florida, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment