Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Manning's best bud... welcome Ford!

September 17, 2010 is a very special day.  It's Manning's best friend's birthday!

That morning, I woke up bright and early to go be with my best friend, Joanna, and her husband, Chase.  They had been in the hospital all night and were getting ready to welcome their precious son into the world.  I sped the whole way because I didn't think I'd make it in time.  After my arrival, I quickly realized that Ford would be taking his time and didn't almost miss anything.  The funniest time of the day to me was when Chase told me he was shocked how much went into this labor thing... He thought it was gametime right after JoJo's water broke at 8 a.m. that morning.  It was funny and too cute!  :o) 

I stayed with Joanna all day long and didn't leave her side until I had to, when she was getting ready to push, which was around 4 or 5 p.m.  Finally, at 6 p.m., we got word that Ford Ashton Chafin had arrived, and the celebration began! 

If you're wondering, of course I got emotional and cried a little... but I'm just extremely sensitive when it comes to babies.  After the journey Cody and I traveled to have Manning, I realize what a miracle childbirth truly is.  As Joanna lay there, I was listening to Ford's hearbeat on the monitor and began to thank God for the many miracles we get to experience here on earth.  It is so amazing!  I'm just thankful for my precious son, and I feel blessed to have been able to be with my best friend on the day that her sweet son arrived.  I just know that we are going to have a blast raising our boys together and am looking forward to all of the stories, birthday parties, and even tantrums that we will share!  Motherhood is the most amazing blessing I've ever received, and not a moment goes by that I don't thank God for it.  Words can't describe the joy and love that dwell within my heart. 

Uncle Cody & Ford

Aunt Marci & Ford
Ford, we are so happy that you are finally here!  We love you, buddy!

We love you so much already!

No comments:

Post a Comment