Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Holy Masoli...

Well, kickoff has come & gone now, and Ole Miss football is in full swing... and we are loving every almost every second of it! When football season rolls around in our tiny little town, the pranks and the bashing begins.  If you aren't a razorback fan, boy "they" let you hear about it.  Here's a picture of Colonel Reb who was...I guess we'll call it "hogged" by some anonymous hog fan.  We never know who does this stuff, but I've got to admit it is fun to see what they keep coming up with. 

As you rebel fans know, I say we are loving "almost" every second of football season, because we went to Oxford for one of the most disappointing games ever, the Jacksonville State game, and now after today, our second embarrassment, our loss to Vandy.  Let's just say we had a very quiet drive back to Arkansas after the game.  Cody was very upset and didn't want to discuss it. I was pretty much devastated as well... Right after our loss, I turned around to see one little fella, probably 3 years old, balling his eyes out.  I wasn't quite as sad as him, but I was pretty darn close!

This past weekend, we watched the Ole Miss vs. Tulane game on tv, and even though I'm still not impressed with our defense, I will always love and support my team.  However, I am a pretty big Masoli fan, and so is Manning.  We proudly sported our matching #8 jerseys last Saturday.  Cody jokes and says I have a football crush, but I'm in no way, shape, or form attracted to Masoli, but there's just something about him that I like to watch.  It could be that he's short and stocky (just like I like 'em) or the fact that he is wearing the number 8.  One of my best guy friends in high school was #8.  We called him "Brother."  He was the quarterback and one of the best, most fun people ever.  Sadly, he passed away my sophomore year of college and I miss him dearly...maybe this is why the #8 is so dear to my heart. 

Back to the rebels... boy, is it going to be a looooong season, or what?!  Don't get me wrong.  I love the rebels with all of my heart, but I just think we're off to a terrible start, and I just don't know if we're going to win any games since we can't win any of the "easier" ones.  But, I guess we shall see... Regardless of the outcome, I will continue to wear my red and blue and chant Hotty Toddy because I'm no fair-weather fan.  I'm in it for the long haul!  Peace, love & hotty toddy! ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment