Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Add caption
I feel so out of the loop in the blog world, but I have been busy with the hustle and bustle of the season, the best season, that is!  Christmas is a holiday filled with many different traditions and meanings...

This has been my best but busiest Christmas ever... 

Usually by this time, I've watched a dozen Christmas movies and sat and looked at my Christmas decorations for hours at a time.  I'm one of those people who loves Christmas lights and looking at my tree to just soak up the holiday.  I just realized that I haven't had a chance to do any of those things, and I can honestly say that this has been the best one yet, even though it was a little different.

I've spent my Christmas chasing around a toddler and viewing this holiday season through his eyes (and we've been fighting a double ear infection... *tear*).  Even though I may be a little exhausted, I am blissfully happy and so very thankful for him and for all he teaches me every single day.  Here's what I've enjoyed and learned this Christmas...

1.  Christmas is a time for lights, Santa, presents, decorations, etc, but more importantly, it's a time to worship Jesus and teach your children about Jesus.  Manning loves to read his Christmas story books, and he always brings me the one about the first Christmas story.  I'm so thankful that he does.  It kept us from overlooking the most important person in the entire world, Jesus!  A couple of our friends from Wilson celebrate today by having a birthday party for Jesus.  I think that's a wonderful idea, and I'm planning on borrowing the idea for next year, if they don't mind.  Thanks, Nickie & Kaci!

2.  I no longer care about presents for myself... I only care about those belonging to a precious little boy.  When Manning's face lights up, I'm reminded that he is my special gift!  Thank you, Lord, for him!

3.  Christmas is a time of thanksgiving.  I am so very thankful for my family and my Manning.  Children make Christmas so much more fun!

4.  I just thought that Christmas was exciting when I was a kid... Just wait 'til you're on the opposite end.  I never dreamed I'd be too excited to sleep waiting on Santa at the age of 27... :o)
Santa came!
5.  I think I'll end my list with #5.  I'm even more thankful today that I'm a mother than I ever have been before.  I get emotional thinking about how blessed I truly am to have Manning.  I think I'll go check on him right now and whisper to him that he's the best thing that has ever happened to me.  

I love Santa!!!

P.s....I have so many pictures of Manning's second Christmas, but I'm just going to post a few tonight.  I'll be putting some more up soon.  I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas, and that you thanked Jesus for being the very first gift to all of us!  Happy Birthday, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment