Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cody... sympathetic pregnancy symptoms? Yes, it's true!


Well, I know that the title of this post may seem odd to you, but Cody has been having lots of body ailments these days. Every day, he comes in complaining about something new. Of course, I always just look at him and smile... because I already know exactly what he's talking about.

For example, he came in from work today, sprawled out on the couch, and told me how badly he was hurting in his lower back/tailbone area. I just giggled, and told him that I bet I could guess exactly where it hurt. So, when I demonstrated, he was amazed that I already knew. I've been having sciatic nerve pain over the past couple of weeks in that exact same spot because Manning loves to get comfortable on that nerve... I'm just not a complainer, and didn't mention it. Or maybe, it's that I'm a little tougher than he is, who knows?! lol Anyway, after today, I'm confident that he is suffering from sympathetic pregnancy symptoms. I have researched it and 20-40% of males have the same symptoms as their pregnant wives. They say it allows the male to form a bond or connection with his wife and growing child, and that it will make them better prepared for the baby's arrival.

I would have never believed it to be true, but up until now, Cody has had the following symptoms: (if y'all only knew how much I am cracking up typing these out)

1. Rapid weight gain and a rounding belly
2. Increased appetite and hot sauce cravings
3. Headaches
4. Fatigue-he just doesn't understand why he's tired so much :)
5. Sciatic nerve pain
6. Hip pain
7. Trouble sleeping

I just thought I would share these humorous findings with you! I can honestly say that pregnancy has been wonderful so far for me, and that I love being pregnant, pains and all! Despite his pains, I really think Cody is enjoying it as well, especially when he gets to feel/see Manning roll around and kick in my belly. That's when he's the most excited! Seeing those little rolls and movements just magically make all of those aches and pain go away! Thank you, Lord, for all of your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment