Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 12, 2009

We have a name! YAY!



After much deliberating, discussing, and changing our minds, we have finally named our little one! We have known his first name since before conception, so that one was easy. The middle name has been a completely different story! His name is Manning Joseph Moore, and here's the story...

We chose Manning sometime around last duck season. My grandfather, Papaw Jim, once worked for a man named Tommy Goldsby. Since Papaw's passing, Daddy and Tommy have kept in touch and remained pretty close, so Daddy offered to take Tommy's grandsons and son-in-law duck hunting. One of the boy's names was Manning, and Dad knew immediately that I would love it. So, as soon as he got home that day, he told me, and he was right. Cody and I both looooved it, and that's the day our son was named! Why wouldn't we love that name? It has a connection to my late grandfather, we love Ole Miss football, and we are pretty big Eli fans! Hotty Toddy :o)

The middle name has been an ongoing discussion since forever between Cody, myself, and my family. My family really wanted to put my maiden name, "Girdley" as his middle name. But, I just couldn't do that to him. I kept Girdley as my middle name, and I think that's enough. Girdley is just so hard to pronounce, spell, and use in everday life. I am still haunted by professors mispronouncing it in college... I got things anywhere from "Gridley" to "Girdle" to "Turtle". I'm telling you, it was insane, so I hated for our son to endure that same kind of embarrassment.

We did, however, want to name him after my daddy, since he's so special to both of us, and this is his first boy! I just can't explain to all of you how excited he is... every day, he calls and checks on Manning or will just come rub my belly and say sweet things like "that's my boy." It makes me tear up even thinking about it. He also likes to make predictions about what Manning's going to look like one day... right now he truly believes that he's going to have a head-full of dark hair, be a big, muscular boy, and be 6ft 5in tall. Daddy is just precious! :o) Well, let me continue the story... I suggested Joseph a long time ago, since Daddy's name is Joe, but Cody wasn't sure if it was right. We were walking around Wal-Mart the other day looking at baby stuff, and somehow we mentioned my dad, and Cody said, "I love your dad, let's name him Joseph." And that was it! Our son now has a name...Manning Joseph Moore.... and we love it!

The pictures that I've posted are of cute monogrammed bibs and a shot of Manning's name above his baby bed! The nursery is getting closer and closer to finished... I will post more pics soon!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it Marci!! :) I know you're so ready for him to be here! Before you know it, you will be celebrating his first birthday! Time FLIES!!

    ReplyDelete