Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fun in the Florida Sun...

Well, I have been MIA this past week because my whole family loaded up and went on vaca to the beach. All 16 of us visited the beautiful Perdido Key in Florida. We were very happy that things turned out the way they did. With the news of this terrible oil spill (shame on you, BP), we were afraid that the beaches would be destroyed and impossible to visit, but as it turns out, the oil stayed away just long enough for us to enjoy a week full of fun in the ocean. We did, however, see lots of sting rays and even a shark that was way too close for comfort while we were there. I guess they were trying to outrun the oil. After the Jaws spotting, Manning and I hung out in the pool for the remainder of the week.

Speaking of the oil spill, it makes me so sad thinking about how badly this is going to affect fishermen, people on the coast, and all of the precious marine life living in the gulf. I just find it hard to believe that this can't be stopped! I just pray that they find a way and fast!
Ok, back to to our trip... We visited so many tasty & fun restaurants! We went out for dinner each night and spent most of our days living it up on the beach or poolside. My little man loved the water and enjoyed relaxing in his nifty new float. He even fell asleep in it a couple of times. Of course, one day was dedicated to shopping, so we hit up the Tanger Outlets. I spent most of my time at the baby clothing stores and Coach. I'm a sucker for good deals, and I loaded up on all kinds of goodies. :o) Enjoy the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment