Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Saddle Ridge Ranch

Well, I have my first week and a half at Girdley Flying Service/Farms under my belt, and I can still say that I'm enjoying my job. It's just so nice to actually have some time to sit down and think for a while as opposed to teaching where I never ever slowed down long enough to do much of anything. I'm sure I'll miss the kids, though. Ihave been seeing several of my former students at Vacation Bible School this week. I'm helping with the crafts department at "Saddle Ridge Ranch" (our cowboy theme this year). They were so excited to see me and made me sad that I wouldn't be seeing them again in the fall. I just have to remind myself that a slower paced job is what's best for me and my family at the moment. The stress was really starting to wear me out.
I've been taking Manning with me to VBS, and I've brought his walker, too, so he can roam and play while I work. He seems to love it as much as the other kids until a stranger talks to him. He's really been freaking out if someone talks to him and doesn't smile. I guess their smile assures him that they are ok... If they forget to smile, watch out, he starts running in that walker to get to me as fast as he can. Bless his heart! I hate that he gets scared, but I love seeing him running to me for comfort. I just can't get enough of that little guy! On day 1 of VBS, we made cowboy hats in the craft dept, and Cody made one for Manning.
On Day 2 of VBS, we made bandanas, but Cody didn't get to play with us. He's in Michigan again on business. I really hate when they send him up there. It's hard being the mommy & the daddy all by yourself. Hats off to you single parents who do it on a daily basis. I don't know how you do it! I'm worn out, and he's only been gone 2 days! Friday can't get here fast enough.
On Day 3 of VBS, we made magnetic picture frames. In between our groups, Manning got to play with some of his friends, Ella & Annie. He enjoys seeing them so much. He kept trying to touch Ella's face. So precious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment