Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Brickhouse & Bowling

This past Saturday, the hubs and I went out with one of my dearest friends from high school, Candace, and her husband, Matt. We loaded up and went to Jonesboro for a night out. We had a scrumptious dinner at Brickhouse and chatted about everything from sports to embarrassing high school stories. It was so much fun to reminisce and bust each other out about silly things we once did. I'm sure our husbands learned more about us than they should have!

After dinner, we attempted going to the "picture show" (as Cody calls it), but our movie was sold out, so we decided to go bowling. After making a pit stop at Wal-Mart for some socks (brightly colored ones I might add), we headed to the bowling alley. I assured everyone that I was a terrible bowler just to protect myself from the embarrassment that was sure to come. After bowling a semi-decent first game, we decided to put a friendly wager on the next game. If the girls won, we wanted a day at the spa complete with full body massages. If the guys won, they wanted a day at the ball park complete with all you can eat bbq nachos with us girls being their delivery service. We agreed and got ready to bowl. To our surprise, we were on FIRE! I bowled more strikes & spares than I ever have in my life. Matt kept joking that I was a closet bowler and dooped them on the bet (so not true, by the way...haven't bowled in YEARS). So, we decided to go for round 3 and let the best 2 out of 3 be the winner. Let me just say that victory is so sweet, and the boys will be treating us to a day of massages at the spa very soon. Spending quality time with great friends is so important and so fun. We can't wait to do it again soon! Boys, enjoy the pictures of your defeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment