Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

How time flies...

I went back to the doctor last week for my 6-week checkup, and all was well! You can barely even see my scar from the c-section. The doc told me I was healing beautifully, so I was glad to hear that. Other good news: Manning's clogged tear ducts have cleared up, and I'm so thankful. It was so hard on me seeing his poor little eyes water and mat up like they were!

Well, my baby boy is already almost 2 months old! I cannot believe how fast time flies! He's growing like a little weed... He's wearing 6 month outfits. I know that makes him sound chubby, but he's really just long. We measured him the other night, and he's 24 inches long already! He is already holding his head up pretty well, and he's starting to make lots of precious noises. He goos and coos all the time, and that's the best sound in the whole wide world! We had our first real smile on the day he turned 6 weeks old... I was up with him at 3 a.m.... this is a typical thing since he refuses to go to sleep before then...I was changing his diaper and trying to stay awake, and I decided to play his little Elmo toy for him. It sings three songs... this particular night, it played "Bingo (his fave)." All of a sudden, out of nowhere, he smiled so big at his mama. I just screamed with excitement, and immediately, I had a huge burst of energy and tried to play with him forever trying to get more smiles. Who would've thought that a smile could warm your heart so much? I can't explain how much more I love him every single day. Children truly are the best gift of all... I tell Cody all of the time that I want a houseful! :) Enjoy the pics of Manning I've posted for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment