Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

No longer on lockdown...

Eating at Outback...
Car Ride to Jonesboro... we had to pull over to eat :)

First trip to Colton's...

First Stroller Ride with Dee-Dee

@ Molli's shop

yay for our first outing!
Since Manning has had his shots, we are no longer on lockdown! YAY! If you know me very well, you know that I'm a huge germ freak, especially when it comes to touching my sweet boy, so that's why I waited to get him out of the house until after I felt it was a little safer. Several people have asked me why we haven't been to church, been shopping, basically been anywhere except home... and I honestly didn't think that anyone took their newborns out early, but apparently, I'm one of the few that actually stayed in for that long. Call me crazy, but I just didn't want to risk him catching anything.

Thankfully, though, we are now out and about. The stir-craziness has ended, and we have now been to Jonesboro twice in the past 4 days! On Manning's first two outings, we went to Molli's shop. It's called Twisted Scizzors, and if I say so myself, she's a fabulous hair stylist! We are so excited that she has her first job, so we went over there to support her and be one of her first clients. I needed a haircut and an eyebrow wax and so did my Mamaw Joyce, so we loaded up and headed to Jonesboro while Cody was working.
After visiting Molli's shop, we went to a couple of stores (of course, Manning got some new clothes) and ate dinner at Colton's. My little man was so good all day long! We even broke out the stroller for the first time, and he seemed to like it. I can't wait to really break that thing in at the mall... I will very soon, I'm sure. By the way, how come noone told me how heavy those dudes are? Ouch! I think my arms are a little more toned now after getting that thing in and out of the car so much! lol

On Saturday, Cody woke up and decided that he needed a haircut as well, so we loaded up and went to see Aunt Molli again! This time, we ate at Outback and went to Old Navy. We were going to go to the mall, but Manning fell asleep right as we were pulling into the parking lot, so we headed home. It was a great day for all of us! It is so much more fun going out now that we have our little bundle of joy to take with us! Cody and I talked about that the whole way home. We love being parents, and we have no idea what we did before he came along. Life is just so much sweeter now!

No comments:

Post a Comment