Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's true what they say...

It's definitely true... motherhood will change you! I was just sitting here tonight watching Cody feed our sweet Manning, and this saying that you have heard all mothers say ran through my mind, and I thought about how true it really is. I just sat and thought about how my life had drastically changed (definitely for the better) since we had our little man. Here is just a small list of ways my life has changed...
1. Life is such an awesome gift. I look at everything in a different way now. For example, now, I pray all of the time for a long, healthy life... well, I guess I've always prayed for that...except, now, I pray for this because I want to see my son grow up.
2. Family has always been a huge part of my life and one of my main priorities, but now I truly know what it's like to have my own family, and it's AMAZING!
3. I feel closer to God. I have always been thankful to God for my salvation and my life, but now I notice myself thanking Him much more often. He has given me a precious little person to raise. In saying this, He has also given me a huge responsibility...and that's to teach my son about God and His love. That's a job that I'm more than ready to take on! I can't wait to get more involved in church! I already sing church songs, like 'Jesus Loves Me,' just in case he understands what I'm singing! :o)
4. Little goos, coos, and baby smiles warm my heart now more than ever... especially when they come from the cutest little boy I know! ;)
5. Time is precious... and there isn't much of it to do anything except spend it with my little man. I now shower faster than I ever have in my life...when I get the chance to, that is. Sometimes, Manning makes me wait until Daddy gets home from work. Eating? What's that?! I can't tell you how many times I forget to eat during the day. Just the other day, I finally slowed down a little around 6 pm and realized that I hadn't eaten a bite all day... why am I not skinny yet?? Sleeping? I really don't know what that is! Manning has his days and nights mixed up. We are never in the bed before 2 a.m., and his pediatrician really put me in my place about that one... he taught me all about schedules and being the boss, etc. That's another post in itself... stay tuned!
6. If y'all know me very well at all, you know how much I love to shop and buy clothes, shoes, handbags, you name it... Well, my shopping style has now changed. My shopping time is now focused on buying cute boy clothes. Just the other day, I returned several things to Macy's that mom had gotten me for Christmas (they didn't fit, etc.), and guess what I did? Of course, I exchanged everything for baby clothes! I think I have a new obsession! :)
7. I now celebrate bodily noises and functions... lol I know that sounds funny. You moms understand! Yay for poop and toots!
8. Fear has a new meaning.
9. The sound of my baby breathing is the best thing in the world... I can't tell you how many times I wake up at night just to check on him to make sure he's still breathing.
10. It hurts more to see my baby hurt than to actually be hurting myself.
11. I have an even deeper respect and love for my parents.
12. I'm now realizing that all of those fabulous sequined or satin dresses are not going to be making their debut any time soon, for 2 reasons. 1...we don't go out much anymore, and the funny thing is, we don't really want to. 2...they don't fit! lol
I could make a list with 1,000 or more changes in my life... but you get the point. Enjoy the pic of little man!

2 comments:

  1. what a handsome little man! he is a DOLL!!!!! i love reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete