Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Off we go to the pediatrician...

Well, we've already been to see the pediatrician twice...
We went the first time for his 2 week well baby checkup. Manning passed that visit with flying colors, thank the Lord! He weighed 8 lbs 14 oz. and measured 21.5 inches long. Dr. Mathis told us that he was perfect and beautiful, but of course, we already knew that! :) He sent us home with a great report and told us he'd see us at 2 months unless we had any problems.

Unfortunately, 2 weeks later, we noticed that our sweet boy's eyes were looking very watery and were matted shut a lot. We called the doc and they told us to bring him back in. So when he was 4 weeks old, we went the ped again. Manning weighed in at 11 lbs. 1 oz. This time, Dr. Mathis told us that Manning had clogged tear ducts and an ear infection. Who knew!? Of course I'm a worry wart, so I hated hearing these things, even though they are very minor. The doc calmed me by telling me that lots of babies have clogged tear ducts and 90% of them clear up on their own, so I was very happy to hear that. He gave us an antibiotic for his ear infection and told us it was nothing to worry about. So, we headed home and prayed that he would get well soon!
Since then, Manning has been doing very well! I have just been counting down the days until we get our shots... well, I guess I have mixed feelings about them. I hate for my baby to have to hurt, so in a way, I really dread it. But on the positive side, I'm beyond ready to take him out of the house. For those of you who don't know, you aren't supposed to take a newborn baby out of the house until they have their shots, so Cody and I have basically been on lockdown. I can't wait to take Manning to church so that he can meet everyone for the first time! Cody and I have really missed going. We will be back, though, in just a week and a half! YAY!
*I've posted the pics of Manning's two trips to the doc... in the first, he's 2 weeks old, and in the second, he's 4 weeks old.

2 comments:

  1. Aw Marci, he's sooo adorable and is already getting so big! What a blessing! I love reading your updates :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alison! I miss you, girl!

    ReplyDelete