Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Stealing the show...

Last Sunday, we took Manning to church for the first time! I was so excited to take him and let everyone meet him. I'm so proud of my little man!! I was a bit nervous, though. I hoped that he would be "good" during church and not get fussy because I really wanted to stay the whole time. I'm not doing the whole nursery thing for a while. I just don't feel comfortable doing that yet. I like having him with me.

When we got there, we sat by my Mammaw Joyce, and I think she was just as excited as me that he was there. By the time I had put his carrier down, we had a huge audience. People were all around us wanting to meet our little guy. He just looked around and didn't really know what to think of everyone. Then, before I knew it, Mammaw Joyce swooped him up and took him around to meet everyone. I told Cody to watch her because it was so sweet watching her show him off. Then, Cody and I looked for her and couldn't find her... oh but it didn't take too long to spot her. We looked up and lo and behold, she had Manning on the stage with the preacher. He then presented Manning to the whole church congregation. I laughed (of course Cody thought I was crying, but I really wasn't)! I just got tickled that she thought of that, but inside my heart, I could feel the pride and joy growing by the second and my smile getting wider and wider. At that moment, I just said a prayer and thanked God for my son and then teared up. He is my world, and I fall more in love with him every second of every day.

We enjoyed being back in church so much, and Manning was perfect! He slept most of the time, and when he woke up, he just grinned and looked around a lot. He saved the crying for when we got in the car.

If you are wondering why I dressed my child in a shorts outfit for church, it's because our church thermostat is set insanely high, and it's always super hot in there. And, my child is like his father...he's hot ALL the time, so we have to be really careful to not overdress him.

Thank you to everyone who told us you missed us and for welcoming us back! We'll see you Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Marci! Manning is adorable!! How sweet is your little family. I'm so glad I found your blog. (I emailed you the link to mine. Blogging is so fun) Glad to hear that all is well in Arkansas! Hopefully I can make a trip up there soon. I would love to meet your little man:) Take care. I know you are the best Mom ever. Miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete