Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!





Well, yesterday was Manning's 4 month doctor's appointment.  I seriously can't believe he's that old! WOW, time flies!  We got a perfect report on the little guy.  Dr. Mathis said he's doing great, and he was so proud of him.  He's been sleeping through the night now for about a month! YAY!  Cody & I love that.  He sleeps between 9 and 10 hours every night without waking.  It's fabulous! He is, however, still in our bedroom.  Oopsie!  We're just taking baby steps... one thing at a time.  

Doc let us know that Manning was ready for "big boy" foods, so I had Cody take me to Wal-Mart to buy lots of baby food.  We decided to start with bananas, since Manning has been eating cereal in his bottles for a while now.  When we got home from the doctor, it was dinner time, so I called my mom, aunt, and my grandmother.  They all rushed over to witness the big event, his first time to eat baby food!  Cody got the video camera out, and I got the digital camera out.  We all gathered round the high chair and got ready for the big event.  I guess we were expecting him to put on a show.  We weren't all the way disappointed.  I fed him a few bites, and he started shaking his head to let us know how tart those bananas were.   It was really funny, until the started gagging and threw up everywhere!  He didn't like those bananas too much!  lol  

Well, today, we decided to try the bananas again, hoping for a better result, and we were pleasantly surprised to find that Manning learned to eat off of a spoon and actually swallow the food overnight.  He ate those bananas up!  I knew he would when he learned how.  So, my little man is officially a baby food eater, and I am loving this new fun experience!

Molli update:  No chicken pox!  YAY!  She had an allergic reaction to sushi... she's just like her sister in that way.  I did the exact same thing when I tried it.  Thank goodness it was nothing contagious or dangerous!  

Hope everyone had a very Happy St. Patrick's Day.  I taught a lesson on the history of the holiday in my classroom today.  I learned a lot.  Here's some Irish trivia for you... "Erin Go Bragh" means Ireland Forever.  The Irish use this saying like we use God Bless America.  Just thought I'd share.  Hope you didn't get pinched too many times today.  If y'all know me very well at all, you know that I was dressed for the occasion.  Holidays are my favorite!  Manning even sported his cute St. Patty's Day shirt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment