Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Work, work, work, blah!

Well, on February 22, I unfortunately had to bite the bullet and go back to work. After 14 glorious weeks off of work, with 13 of those being spent with my sweet little boy, I guess I don't have to explain how badly I dreaded going back. I thought I'd probably be sad for a little while and then things would quickly get back to normal. Boy, was I WRONG!! It all started the weekend before I had to go back... let's just say that the tears kept flowing. I had no idea I could cry so much!

Well, when the big day finally came, Cody stayed home a little later than usual to leave with me, so I didn't have to walk out alone. I'm spoiled, I know... Of course, I couldn't get out the door without breaking down. I made myself go on to work, and walked into my classroom... I have 2 words... COMPLETE DISASTER. I won't elaborate out of respect for others, but I seriously had a terrible first day back. On the positive side, though, my students really did miss me, and they've been behaving very well ever since I've gone back. My fingers are crossed that that will continue! :o) I have slowly but surely been getting better each day. I still cry most days, though. I just never dreamed it would be so hard to leave my little guy. I'm so very thankful that my Mamaw Joyce (Manning's great grandmother) can stay home to keep him, but I just really wish I could be the one to stay home. I sure call and text her several times a day to check in, and I guess that will have to do for now.

I have complete faith that things will get better. I'm just soaking up every second I get to spend with Manning, and I'm taking work one day at a time. Come on Spring Break! Woo hoo ;o)

Here are my thoughts on a couple of current events these days...

The Bachelor, Jake, is absolutely insane. I'm totally upset with his decision...Tenley was the perfect girl, and I feel confident he will be sorry one day in the near future. Why do I keep watching these shows?

Another guilty pleasure of mine: don't laugh... MTV's Teen Mom (speaking of, it's coming on now) I love that show!

No comments:

Post a Comment