Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Tanning Bed? No thanks! Baby fever? Maybe so!


Well, first and foremost, let me say thank goodness it's Friday! This week has been absolutely horrible at work. My homeroom class has been soooo bad! Thank goodness we found out today that we will be getting all of our spring break! woo hoo!

My newest decision includes one for living a longer, healthier life. I've decided to never lay in the tanning bed again. It's amazing what having a baby will do to you. It really makes you care about everything you do. I had two spots removed at the dermatologist a few weeks ago that he said were caused by the tanning bed. When I found them, absolute panic set in. I prayed and prayed that I'd be able to see Manning grow up. There is no worse fear in the world! Of course, when I found them, I immediately thought of Izzy on Grey's Anatomy. ha! I get too into those shows, I guess! Thank the Lord, the spots came back non-cancerous, but I seriously learned my lesson. Tanning beds? no thanks! Spray tans? I think I will... well, when I need to look dark and "oh so fly" anyway (as my students would say).

Today, one of my friends from work showed me her ultrasound photos of her babies. Yep, babies! She's having twins! I've always wanted twins... maybe God will bless us with a set of those next time around. Anyway, her pics were so precious. She's 27 weeks, so she got to have her 4-d ultrasound, and it was just too sweet. It really made me miss being pregnant. I actually loved being pregnant because I had such a great pregnancy. I never got sick or had any bad symptoms, thankfully. I immediately turned to another co-worker and asked her if the pics made her want another one and she quickly told me no. I, on the other hand, found myself staring the pictures all googly-eyed. I have a little baby fever, I believe. How is that even possible when you have a 4 month old at home? I guess I'm crazy. Don't panic, friends, I won't be getting pregnant any time in the near future. I want Manning to at least be a year old or older... but it's nice to daydream. I just love babies, and becoming a mommy is the absolute best blessing in the entire world! I just want a houseful! Of course, I can't end my post without a picture of my Manning! :o)

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the tanning - I have not been in YEARS nor will I ever again. Guess I'll just have to settle for pasty as opposed to melanoma! I'm glad your 2 spots came back ok..scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl! I agree! It's sooo not worth it! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete