Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 5, 2010

Trip to the Memphis Zoo!

This past Saturday, Cody, Lulu, and I got to enjoy taking Manning to the zoo for the very first time! I don't know who was more excited, me and Cody, or Manning! I was sure to take lots of pictures, like I always do. Manning seemed to enjoy himself, but he was mostly fascinated by the waterfalls, water fountains, etc. He loves water, whether he's just looking at it or drinking it. He just can't get enough of it these days. He did seem interested in the animals who were either swimming or bathing, such as the polar bears, seals, and grizzlies. He also loved riding the carousel and the farm train. He squealed and made "goo" sounds the entire time we rode those, and you couldn't have wiped the smile off of my face. I can't explain the joy I feel when he's happy.
After Manning had drifted off for an afternoon nap, Cody talked us into entering the snake house. I am terrified of snakes, but they've always fascinated me (I thought), so I was kinda excited about it. When I got inside, I realized that I can no longer handle looking at those slithery things. I literally could feel my hair standing on end when they'd move or hiss. I guess I'm getting more scared of them in my older age. Cody loved taking advantage of this new fear of mine and threw a fake snake on me in the gift shop. Of course, I screamed like crazy, and he ate it up! I'll get him back, don't worry!


We had a wonderful time, and I love spending time with my two boys. We are now big fans of the zoo, and we plan to return really soon! Anyone wanna join?

No comments:

Post a Comment