Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

Many countdowns...

A few nights ago, my mother-in-law wanted to plan a visit.  I told Cody to go to the calendar and choose a good weekend for her to come.  Two seconds later, I heard "holy crap".  He's so dramatic. :o)   I had no clue what he was "holy crapping" about, so he proceeded to inform me that we are about to be some busy people for the next month or so, which is why this post earned its title. 

First, as you all know, we are going to be cleaning machines all weekend to prepare for my Chez Ami party on Sunday.  Please come and visit with us!

Then, the following weekend, I have a Kelly's Kids  (kellyskids.com) party in Bruce, MS, which will be followed by a trip to God's country!  As all of you rebel fans know, that means we are headed to Oxford...because I'm helping host a triple baby shower.  Yes, I said TRIPLE.  My great friends Joanna, JoBeth, and Fuqua (aka Sarah) are expecting precious baby boys within the next few months, so our whole group of college pals are coming in to get together and celebrate.  I can't tell you how excited I am... I will be in Oxford (my fave place) with my favorite people to celebrate my favorite thing (babies)!  YAY!

The following weeks are filled with Kelly's Kids parties and a weekend trip to Hattiesburg to watch Cody's best bud, Jayson, and his super sweet fiance, Sandy, tie the knot.  August is just going to be full of celebrations & parties!  Can't wait!

I know that I don't even have to tell you guys where we will be on September 4.  All of you football fans already know that Sept. 4 is the day that the Rebel football season kicks off against Jacksonville State, and Cody is chomping at the bits awaiting its arrival.  I already know about every single player that we plan to recruit for next season... that would be the 2011 football season.  He loves talking recruiting with me, even though I don't quite understand all of it.  Anyway, we are just very eager to chant Hotty Toddy in Vaught-Hemingway Stadium in just a few short weeks. Here's a schedule for ya... 

Sat, Sep 04 Jacksonville State Oxford, Miss. 2:30 p.m.
Sat, Sep 11 Tulane at New Orleans, La. 8:00 p.m.
Sat, Sep 18 Vanderbilt * Oxford, Miss. 11:21 a.m.
Sat, Sep 25 Fresno State Oxford, Miss. TBA
Sat, Oct 02 Kentucky * Oxford, Miss. TBA
Sat, Oct 16 Alabama * at Tuscaloosa, Ala. TBA
Sat, Oct 23 Arkansas * at Fayetteville, Ark. TBA
Sat, Oct 30 Auburn * Oxford, Miss. TBA
Sat, Nov 06 Louisiana-Lafayette (HC) Oxford, Miss. TBA
Sat, Nov 13 Tennessee * at Knoxville, Tenn. TBA
Sat, Nov 20 LSU * at Baton Rouge, La. TBA
Sat, Nov 27 Mississippi State * Oxford, Miss. TBA

Speaking of Rebel football, I must say that after some deep thought, I am excited about our current chances of Jeremiah Masoli becoming a Rebel.  I know that a lot of people think that Nutt shouldn't take a chance on him, but I personally believe in second chances.  After reading his website, jeremiahmasoli.net, I think he's a nice guy who wants to prove himself.  Why not give him the chance to prove himself at Ole Miss while improving our record?  Sounds great to me!  Welcome to the team, Masoli...make us proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment