Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Good Golly, Miss Molli...

Today's post is dedicated to someone very special to me, my baby sister, Molli.  Today is her 20th birthday.  Today has really hit me like a ton of bricks to tell you the truth.  I cannot believe that she is 20 years old... where has the time gone?  Molli is no longer a teenager?  WOW....  that's the only word that comes to mind. 

My post today is going to be a bit sappy and sentimental, and Molli hates these things, but she's gonna have to deal with it, because that's just how I am.  At least I'm not trying to embarrass her, right?!

Well, let me start by telling the story of her "birth"day.  I will never forget that day.  I was SO excited to be getting a baby sister.  I had spent the night with my best friend, Anne Marie, and I woke up to find that my mother was in labor.  I couldn't wait to get to that hospital. I didn't want Molli to be born before I got there. On the way to the hospital, we stopped and picked up some Shipley's donut holes and chocolate milk for a snack because they assured us that we wouldn't miss Molli's debut.  When I say debut, if you know Molli, that's EXACTLY what it was.  :)

Later that afternoon, Molli Taylor Girdley was born.  I was finally a big sister, and I had imagined that she would be a girly girl who loved to play Barbies  or house with me and play dress up... That's not exactly what I got.  I got something FAR better.  I got a little sister who loved to make mud pies, ride 4-wheelers, and say a few "curse" words every now and then (she stayed stays in trouble), but most of all, I got a sister with a bigger heart that I could ever have prayed for.  She doesn't always show it, but I know her better than most people.  She says she doesn't worry about what people think, but she does.  She says nothing hurts her feelings, but they get hurt quite often.  She puts on a smile even when she feels like crying just to keep from making others sad.  She likes to have a good time, but I know that more than anything, she can't wait to find her prince charming and settle down...even though she won't admit it.  My point is, she's a wonderful person and would give you the shirt off of her back to make your day better. She is also one of the most FUN, outgoing people I've ever met.  Consider yourself blessed if you know her, and you probably do, because Molli NEVER meets a stranger.

Molli, I hope you have a wonderful birthday and just know that I love you with all of my heart.  When you were born, Mamaw Gert said that "there would never be another Molli," and boy was she right...You are one of a kind, and I'm so proud of you and all that you've accomplished!  Happy 20th Birthday!  Enjoy the pictures of some of our journeys together.....


No comments:

Post a Comment