Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Long talks...

Well, I'll start today's post by telling y'all how the Chez Ami party went.  Even after so many of my friends were out of town (I picked a bad weekend), the party ended up being a very successful one, and Manning is going to have several cute outfits to show for it.  Most of all, I enjoyed getting to visit with good friends.  Sometimes a good chat is just what a girl needs to de-stress a little.


As today has been a slow one at Girdley Flying Service, I've had lots of time to sit and think.  Today, I've been thinking of one person only...my wonderful husband.  Sometimes, life gets so hectic, I forget to slow down and actually enjoy having long talks with Cody.  I know that I enjoy making fun of him from time to time (let's face it..he's a funny guy), but I love that man with all of my heart! 


Last night, Cody, Manning, and I loaded up after work to go get haircuts from my sister.  After being at her shop for a couple of hours, we rushed out the door and decided on going through the Chick-fil-A drive-thru because it was a quick, easy choice.  We wanted to hurry and get little man home because it was already past his bedtime.  As soon as we got on the highway, he drifted off, so Cody and I enjoyed a peaceful ride home and got to enjoy one another's company. 

We talked about things ranging from how many kids we hoped to have to the show, "Teen Mom."  We love watching that show together and find one couple in particular hilariously funny.  That's one thing I truly love about Cody.  He can make me laugh when noone else can.  He's truly the funniest person I know.  Who else would sit and watch Teen Mom with me and massage my back while watching?  Who else would text message me 50 times a day... from random things to make me laugh to telling me how much he loves me?  What other guy loves to talk about having a houseful of children?  Who else would break out some dance moves when I'm feeling down just to see me smile?  Enjoy the pics down memory lane...


I remember my daddy telling me years ago that he prayed that God would bring me a man that loves me as much as he does.  Thank you, Lord, for sending that man to me!  Manning and I are extremely blessed to be able to call him ours.
Best day of our lives
Such a good daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment