Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Teary reunion

Well, last weekend, Cody and I took a road trip to Hattiesburg, MS, for Jayson & Sandy's wedding.  Since Cody was a groomsman, we headed South early Friday morning to make it in time for rehearsal/rehearsal dinner and such... and yes, I had to leave Manning behind for the first time EVER.  I really didn't want to leave him, but Cody convinced me that it would be best for him to stay home since we were going to be so busy and would be staying in a hotel.  After a long discussion, I agreed that he probably needed to stay with Dee-Dee and Papa. 

I did really well at first... until Manning's bedtime arrived.  I called Dee-Dee (my mom) and told her over and over how to do his bedtime routine, how to work the video monitor, etc.  I finally stopped calling when she threatened me with my life and reminded me that she had raised me and Molli.  So, I stopped calling and assumed all was going smoothly until I felt my phone vibrating in the middle of the rehearsal.  I ran outside to return the call to find that they could not get the video monitor to turn on....  Panic set in.  After talking them through it, we finally got it working and all went totally fine.  However, I didn't sleep a wink.  I worry an unhealthy amount, I know.  No need to tell me....

The next morning, I called first thing to find that Manning was happy and slept all night.  Whew!   So, I headed to the Turtle Creek Mall to do a little shopping.  Then, we headed to the church...the wedding was beautiful and very fun... I called my cousin, Lindsey (aka Lucy), to come "crash" the wedding (meaning she knew neither the bride nor groom) and she gladly accepted the invitation.  We had a FABULOUS time.  I love getting to spend time with her... she's one of the most fun people EVER!

Night #2, I did much better and didn't call any after Manning went to bed.  I actually slept, too.  However, I am NOT a fan of leaving my little man overnight, so we woke up bright and early and headed back to Arkansas.  Since the Helen Brett Show was in Memphis on Sunday, Cody and I met up with my mom and aunt there.  When I saw Manning, you would've thought I had been gone to war or something because I burst into tears and hugged and kissed all over him.  It's crazy what those mommy hormones will do to you!  When I got my hands on him, all was right in the world, and I guess it's needless to say that I am HAPPY to be home.


No comments:

Post a Comment